We’ve all been feeling worried and stressed about the current Corona Virus outbreak and while we’re mostly doing our part in helping to contain the spread of the virus by staying home, there could be times when we feel anxious, frustrated, bored or just plain antsy.
So I have been thinking about how I can help to make a difference in this current situation. In my book, Pleasure to Pressure, I wrote about Shake and Meditate and how amazing things happen when we move our bodies.
Did you know that when you start to move your body for just 5-10 minutes a day, you will release stress? The pleasure channels start to open, the body starts to heal and you’ll begin to experience more pleasure, joy and bliss!
In this video, I demonstrated how you too could experience the wonders of the Shaking Practice.
Here’s all you need to know:
1. Stand up straight and observe your body from head to toe. If you notice any tightness, gently stretch that area a few times.
2. Make sure your feet are fully connected to the earth and that your knees are loose.
3. Slowly start to shake your body from your knees all the way to your head.
4. Close your eyes. Let your face, jaw and body relax.
5. As you shake, breathe in from your nose and breathe out from your mouth.
6. Shake each and every part of your body and let it come naturally – shake however you feel like as there is no right and wrong way in this practice. Whatever that feels good for you, goes!
When you’re done shaking, sit down or lie down to fully relax your body. How do you feel?
Do you feel more energized, more alive, lighter and less stressed? This is because when you shake, accumulated emotional clutter and blocks will start to release. It is a profound practice to release accumulated tension from the body and to open energy channels. It’s also a great way to get out of the mind and into the body.
Shaking also comes with great health benefits – it flushes out toxins and activates the lymph nodes, so be sure to drink lots of water after.
And once you start to feel more comfortable, you can start introducing this simple practice to your friends and family. Remember, only 5-10 minutes a day will make a huge difference to your wellbeing!
Click HERE to watch the video.
Try it and let me know how you feel in the comments below!